ONLINE TESTING WILL BE UTILIZED FOR ALL DISTRICT AND STATE CONFERENCES.
Please read and follow the guidelines very carefully.
Testing Window. Select a day for student testing. Please pick alternate dates in case of emergencies. DO NOT wait until the end of the testing period to start testing.
COMPLETE THE EXAM CERTIFICATION FORM UPON COMPLETION OF TESTING
OVERVIEW OF ONLINE TESTING
- Read all guidelines, policies, and procedures for Online Testing.
- Schedule the computer lab(s) with your school.
- Determine who will be the Chapter Testing Coordinator (usually the DECA Advisor) and identify a Proctor for your testing location. make sure you have registered your proctor on the registration site.
- Send the School Testing Dates and the Proctor Verification Form to NM DECA by the deadline.
- The Chapter Testing Coordinator and Proctor must run a demo test on each computer that the students will use at least two school days before your test date. This is to ensure that your school’s internet security will allow the use of the testing web site and to work out any bugs prior to your actual testing dates. Please call Christine at NM DECA 575-562-4729 or 575-760-2615 with any problems you have with your system and the demo test.
- Submit the online conference registration to NM DECA by the deadline (see above for dates).
- Make sure that all students who are competing are members of NM DECA.
- Completed Exam Certification Form online and email (email@example.com) the Roster of Examinees to NM DECA when the last student has completed the online testing. Clearly mark any no-shows to the roster.
Please do not email these forms until all your students have all completed the online testing on your last test day, so we know that your chapter has concluded the online testing.
A FEW POINTS OF NOTE:
- All students must be registered for the conference prior to the registration deadline in order to meet requirements to participate.
- Only registered chapters will be allowed to participate in the online testing.
- You may conduct as many sittings/periods for the Comprehensive Exams as you need on the chosen online testing date and designated times.
- You may have several labs conducting the online testing concurrently. Multiple people may use the chapter’s Proctor login to the testing web site at the same time.
- As long as the Proctor remains in the room during testing, the Chapter Testing Coordinator can also remain in the room and assist the Proctor. The Chapter Testing Coordinator can be the person that checks-in and activates the students, and also to assist with any technical difficulties. At the end of all testing, the Proctor will need to certify that the Chapter Testing Coordinator did not assist students with any questions on the test. The Proctor is also to monitor that students did not cheat during the test
- Be sure to proof the roster that will be sent to you to ensure that your student’s first and last name is spelled correctly, the correct Competitive Event is listed, the correct Comprehensive Exam is listed.
- If any of these are incorrect, contact Christine Phipps at NM DECA (575-760-2615) to correct it before they start the test.
Each chapter must register for the District conference by the registration deadline. Students will not be able to test online unless registration is complete.
Prior to Testing:
If your student has an IEP that permits them more time, you will need to email a scanned copy of the Special Needs Form to NM DECA at firstname.lastname@example.org and special arrangements will be made to meet the IEP.