National Promotional Video
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America, Inc. (FCCLA) is a nonprofit national career and technical student organization for young men and women in family and consumer sciences education in public and private schools through grade 12. FCCLA is the ultimate leadership experience.
Building Skills for Life
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America is a dynamic and effective national student organization that
helps young men and women become leaders and address important personal, family, work and societal issues through family and consumer sciences education. Chapter projects focus on a variety of youth concerns, including teen pregnancy, parenting, family relationships, substance abuse, peer pressure, environment, nutrition and fitness, teen violence and career exploration. Involvement in FCCLA offers members the opportunity to expand their leadership potential and develop skills for life—planning, goal setting, problem solving, decision making and interpersonal communication—necessary in the home and workplace.
To promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner and community leader, members develop skills for life through ―
- Character development
- Creative and critical thinking
- Interpersonal communication
- Practical knowledge
- Career preparation
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life.
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society.
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community.
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony.
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults.
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and for as- suming responsibilities.
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today’s society.
- To promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations.
- Is the only in-school student organization with the family as its central focus
- Is a Career and Technical Student Organization that functions as an integral part of the family and consumer sciences education curriculum and operates within the school system
- Provides opportunities for active student participation at local, state, and national levels
FCCLA has a national membership of approximately 200,000 young men and women in 6,500 local chapters. There are 50 state associations including the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Since its founding in 1945, FCCLA has involved more than ten million youth. Former members are eligible to participate through Alumni & Associates.
State & National Dues
Initial Membership Due: November 1
NM FCCLA is a unified dues state. Students must belong to both the state and national organization.
Student Chapter Member: $10.00
100% Middle Level Membership: $270.00
Advisor Rate: $1.00
Student Chapter Member: $9.00
100% Middle Level Membership: $250.00
Advisor Rate: $9.00
Want to Join
Want to view the calendar in a bigger format?