District Conference Information
All Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America members (State and National dues paid) are eligible to participate in the Regional/District Competitions. Each student attending shall be an active member of FCCLA, have approval of school administration, chapter adviser, and a parent or guardian unless the student is of legal age. In addition, students must meet the eligibility grade requirements based on Interscholastic Eligibility in the NMAA policy or local school policies.
All students must participate at the Regional/District level in order to be eligible to compete at the State Conference.
Delegate and Medical Information Forms
All students attending the District Competitions must complete a Medical/Conduct Form. This form should be in the possession of the adviser and can be found online.
Each local adviser is responsible for completing the registration by the designated date and submit to your Regional/District Coordinator.
Regional Advisers/District Conference Dates
Region I: Carleigh Salmon, email@example.com, 505-239-8539
- District G&H: January 25, 2020
- Located at: DACC – 2800 Sonoma Ranch BLVD
Region II: Amy Garcia, firstname.lastname@example.org, 575-760-0507
- District D, E, F: January 25, 2020
- Located at: ENMU
- Amy Garcia, email@example.com
Region III: Maira Herrera, firstname.lastname@example.org, 575-791-1770
- District A: January 22, 2020
- Located at: Farmington High School
- Kolbe Williams, email@example.com, 480-433-4754
- District B: January 17, 2020
- Located at: Sandia HS
- Unna Valdez, firstname.lastname@example.org, 505-453-2334
Registration fees if any will be determined by the Regional/District Coordinator to help defer expenses. All conference payments are due before the time of the event. Any outstanding invoices for Regional/District Competition will result on a hold put on the schools registration for state conference.
Number of Participants
The number of students able to participate from each school is as follows and to advance from regional to state will be as follows:
State STAR Events
- 3 teams per district will advance to the state conference.
- An individual may participate in one state level event and one national level event per year, excluding Thematic Presentation.
National STAR Events
- An individual may participate in one state level event and one national level event per year, excluding Thematic Presentation (which is a State STAR Event).
- The top 3 teams from district/regionals will advance to state conference
- It is at the discretion of the regional advisor and if large numbers are participating in Culinary Arts whether or not it will be offered at the regional conference. The Culinary Arts teams will be notified in December if they will be required to compete at the District level in order to advance to state.
All chapter advisers will be required to attend the Regional/District Competition to help with events. If you have any extra sponsors that can help please let your Regional/District Coordinator know. Thank you for your help.
Cell Phone Use
The use of cellular phones in testing and presentation rooms is prohibited. This pertains to judges, lead consultants, and contestants.
Students attending the District Competition will need to adhere to the FCCLA Dress Code.
Information regarding Regional/District registration will be sent by your Regional/District Coordinator. Please be sure to let them know that you received the information. If you have not heard from your Regional/District Coordinator please contact the Regional Advisor listed above.
Teachers: Check to make sure:
- All students are paid members of both the state and national levels prior to Regional/District Competition.
- List names on registration form the same as listed on membership form.
- Double check event rules, rubrics, and summaries!!